Finding Your Path Through Modern Day Parenting
To view a recording of the Information Evening – click here
‘Finding Your Path Through Modern Day Parenting’ is offered to support parents, whether you are setting out to create a family or have an established family of many years. We explore answers to questions such as:
- How we can support a sense of well-being in ourselves and in our children?
- How do we create a home environment and a family life that promotes salutogenesis–the creation and origins of holistic health– physical, emotional and spiritual?
- How can we be truly ‘at home’- in ourselves, in our family home, in the community and in the world?
Cheryl Nekvapil and Rob Gordon will give a series of talks over 10 weeks on the developing nature of childhood and adolescence, ways health and well-being can be developed and fostered, and ways we can encourage deep connection with one another, the natural and social world.
Parents, playgroup leaders, nannies, early childhood and primary teachers will all find this course helpful.
Cheryl Nekvapil is a presenter of the Seminar’s part-time Early Childhood course, active School Welfare Officer at a number of Steiner schools , has been a kindergarten teacher, a School Chaplain in the ACT and VIC for 14 years, and the coordinator of a Family Governance group for families with adult children with profound disabilities. She supports the wellbeing of students, teachers and parents, focussing on developing soul capacity and social skills for life. Since 2016 Cheryl has also facilitated many sessions for parents and teachers based on the Parent Training Programme, inspired by the work of Rudolf Steiner and created by Dr Christoph Meinecke and Kirsten Schreiber from the Havelhoehe Medical Centre of Anthroposophical Medicine in Berlin. Rudolf Steiner’s insights into soul and social perspectives are the basis for all her work.
Rob Gordon PhD is a clinical psychologist who has worked with children and adolescents for 40 years. He has worked in Steiner Curative Education before working at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne for 15 years. He specialises in group therapy for children, adolescents and young adults with social and emotional problems, as well as those affected by disasters and trauma. He also provides individual psychotherapy. He consults to the Department of Education and Training and to a number of schools in Melbourne. He has also worked in communities helping to recover from disaster since Ash Wednesday in 1983 and is a consultant to the Red Cross and the Victorian Government for Emergency Recovery. He conducts a private psychotherapy practice in Melbourne and is the President of the Australasian Confederation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
Information for students
This course is open to local and international students. You will need sufficient proficiency in English to be able to participate.
Duration: 2 terms of 5 weeks each. 8 August to 5 September. 10 October to 7 November
Monday evenings from 7.30 – 8.45pm (Melbourne time)
Cost: $200 per term
Information: For enrolment queries, please contact Carmen in the office on +03 9876 5199 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawing and refunds
If you wish to withdraw from a course, please send an email to email@example.com.
· If you withdraw prior to a course beginning we will refund any fees paid, less a $100 administration fee.
· If you withdraw after the first session of the course, we will refund any fees paid, less a $155 administration and withdrawal fee.
· If you withdraw after the second week, no refunds can be given.5 weeks
Term dates 2022
Term 3: 8 August – 5 September 2022
Term 4: 10 October – 7 November
Certificate of Professional Development
This part-time online offers a Certificate of Professional Development upon completion. It is non-accredited and does not lead to a qualification within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Our part-time courses come with a certificate of Professional Development Hours, subject to meeting the course requirements:
- We hope this will be an enlivened experience for you. We require your full attendance or viewing all recordings which will be available to you once the course starts.
- Each evening will be live- streamed and recorded.
How to apply
Click below to confirm your place in this course.